• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cammmy

Turbo Kit

calvinhorse

My opinion is its a cheap turbo, intercooler and lots of pipework that may not be of use.

Its not a direct fit to anything just a kit that still needs alot of custom fabrication to work on your car.

I'd sorce a branded turbo, get a flange made up by a machine shop, look where you can fit it in the engine bay, then work out your pipework from there.

Also intercooler mounting is a pain on the 405, your better off looking at how much space you have and where the pipes need to run and order a ic to fit rather than trying to make one fit.

cammmy

Cool. Will stick with the centrifugal charger idea then I think.

Thought it may be a good opportunity but was thinking it looked a little too cheap/generic. Thought I would get some other opinions.

Thanks

calvinhorse

To be fair cammy it is very cheap but how much can you buy a second hand supercharger for in newzealand?

Mines a eaton m45 with delivery miles on it and cost £120 my brothers was the same condition and only £100! Its not unusual to find them for that price over here.

The m45 can add 100bhp to a standard mi which doesn't sound alot but its a good amount for a front wheel drive.

Or an even bigger superchargers! Surly theirs lots of sc'd cars in scrapyards in newzealand? :)

cammmy

I'm really looking for a centrifugal charger over a roots or twin screw. I believe they are more suited to the small, high revving 4 pots with higher CR's. Should be easier to fit too I reckon as you can use the A/C mounting points.

I would roll an M45 if I could find one that cheap. Unfortunately they don't come up for that money over here. I paid about $300 (150 ish pounds?) for my inferior SC14 and that was cheaper than most of them are going for :(

• Like 1

calvinhorse

Whats an sc14 off? Yeah the sump is ideal for mounting a charger and it doesnt alter the alternator or power stearing pump.

What are you using for an ecu? And are you strengthening the drivetrain in any way?

cammmy

SC14 is from a Toyota van :lol:

This is all just an idea at the moment. Will want to strengthen the drive train so am keeping a keen eye on how Alex's evo box conversion goes.

Not 100% on engine management yet but maybe megasquirt with MAP sensor? Does megasquirt do ignition too or just fuel?

calvinhorse

Wtf, a supercharged van!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

all/most ecus do ignition but not always fuel, not sure if fuel only ecus exist!

Yeah alexs evo running gear is very impressive i'm sure he'll be gutted to loose the hydro suspension!

cammmy

He doesn't have to get rid of it. Believe he is still using the standard rear diff. Think he just wants something more tunable?

Yeah, they were a supercharged V6 :lol:

Cool. Going to try arrange an MS group buy as I want one for the BX16v as I'm getting a set of ITB's

Sign in to follow this