• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Las

K&n Cone Filter

Las

Hi

I'm planning on buying and installing a K&N cone filter, but I.m finding conflicting information on what part nr. to use.

The options is 57-008 or 57-0177 ?

Anybody in here driving with one of these cone filters?

My car is from 1989 without cat, so I believe it to be a 160 hk version, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Jer309GTi

Hi there,

The list HERE says the difference is between whether you have a round or square AFM intake

Las

Well they both have square attaching plates for the AFM, as far as I can tell the 57-0008 is using a metal plate, the 57-0177 a plastic one (from what I can see in the pictures). The question is, do they both fit the older AFM? Or are the size different?

When I look at the mounting instructions the 57-0008 it says 405 MI16, as does the 57-0177 but it also says +cat!

Las

both the 57-0008 and 57-0177 kit are with square adapter plates, my concern is if they are different in size? Does the Mi16 cat use a different AFM than the non cat, allthough still with square mounting?

Las

I took the chance and ordered the 57-0008, so know I'll just have to wait and see if it fits...

Las

Induction kit arrived today and fits.

Allthough the box says 57-0088(and thats not the right kit) it fits, the adapter plate is not metal like I thought, just black plastic.

Sign in to follow this