• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiCRO

Throttle Body

MiCRO

How many versions are there on a Ph1?

Was about to change mine but apparently I got the wrong one.

mine opens up one hole at the time (XU9J4/Z DFW), and this one I got opens both at the same time (D6C I suppose).

There are also two clicks I think when 1st hole starts to open and 2nd when the other starts to open.

Can I fit this one that opens two holes at the same time on my car that has one that opens one at the time?

cammmy

Do you mean that they both have two butterflies (holes). Or that yours has one butterfly and the other one you have (from a D6C) has 2 butterflies?

MiCRO
Do you mean that they both have two butterflies (holes). Or that yours has one butterfly and the other one you have (from a D6C) has 2 butterflies?

They both have 2 butterflies (couldn't remember the word :) ), only mine opens one butterfly at the time, and (probably) D6C one opens both at the same time.

KRISKARRERA

Measure the bore to make sure you haven't got an XU9J2 one.

MiCRO
Measure the bore to make sure you haven't got an XU9J2 one.

Bore is around 35mm I can't measure it precisely, it's WEBER and has a number on it: 380FP 6 0030

cammmy

I know my J4 one is a weber.

Unless one of the is actually bigger than the other does it make a difference? The one that opens progressively (one at a time) would be smoother and easier to use, but as long as they both fully open at WOT, power itself should not be changed?

MiCRO

@KRISKARRERA: I made a mistake, weber throttle body I got has a bore od 38mm, not 35 as I sad before. Can you tell me which size is on Mi16? I also heard that a peugeot 605 2.0 throttle body is a direct fit, AFAIK it has 42mm bore.

I was planning to use a VAG 2.8 V6 throttle body, as seen on http://www.205gtidrivers.com/articles.php?data=e2-vagtb

but Instead, I got a renault 19 16v/clio 16v/williams throttle body which looks pretty much the same:

p1701112057.th.jpg

However, I have 3 problems or more :lol:

First thing the throttle cable fitting is on the wrong side, I can't mount Mi16 tps on it, and it's actually smaller on the place where I should put the rubber that connects it with the AFM.

So I have two questions.

1. Is it possible to connect renault tps with peugeot connector, will it work all right?

2. Is it going to be a downgrade or an upgrade, since the surface is smaller than Mi16 one (I can put renault tb opening in the ?Mi16? opening, but the choke area of the butterflies is bigger than Mi16 one (smaller is 35mm and larger is 52mm)?

Please help!

chris adams
@KRISKARRERA: I made a mistake, weber throttle body I got has a bore od 38mm, not 35 as I sad before. Can you tell me which size is on Mi16? I also heard that a peugeot 605 2.0 throttle body is a direct fit, AFAIK it has 42mm bore.

I was planning to use a VAG 2.8 V6 throttle body, as seen on http://www.205gtidrivers.com/articles.php?data=e2-vagtb

but Instead, I got a renault 19 16v/clio 16v/williams throttle body which looks pretty much the same:

p1701112057.th.jpg

However, I have 3 problems or more :lol:

First thing the throttle cable fitting is on the wrong side, I can't mount Mi16 tps on it, and it's actually smaller on the place where I should put the rubber that connects it with the AFM.

So I have two questions.

1. Is it possible to connect renault tps with peugeot connector, will it work all right?

2. Is it going to be a downgrade or an upgrade, since the surface is smaller than Mi16 one (I can put renault tb opening in the ?Mi16? opening, but the choke area of the butterflies is bigger than Mi16 one (smaller is 35mm and larger is 52mm)?

Please help!

sell it and buy the right one for the conversion. or ill sell u mine mi16 dc6

MiCRO
sell it and buy the right one for the conversion. or ill sell u mine mi16 dc6

I didn't buy it yet, it's borrowed till I see if it fits, I'd like to keep it if it's possible to make it work, because it's in great condition, and I can't find a VAG tb anywhere.

Sejo
How many versions are there on a Ph1?

Was about to change mine but apparently I got the wrong one.

mine opens up one hole at the time (XU9J4/Z DFW), and this one I got opens both at the same time (D6C I suppose).

There are also two clicks I think when 1st hole starts to open and 2nd when the other starts to open.

Can I fit this one that opens two holes at the same time on my car that has one that opens one at the time?

As I told you allready, take the one from Citroen XM 2.1i

Direct fit, with small changes, cant remember more.

Forget this VAG stuff...

MiCRO

Forget this VAG stuff...

I'll try to look it up, but it think I have better chance finding the VAG one.

Do the butterflies open progressively on XM tb?

Sejo

Forget this VAG stuff...

dont know that, just that is larger by approx 25-30% than MI16 standard one.

chris adams

Forget this VAG stuff...

dont know that, just that is larger by approx 25-30% than MI16 standard one.

well now ive read this thread im going to forget the vag and go with the xm route as i did not this info. sweet!!!!!!!! glad this has been posted as was just about to blow 35 quid on vag from ebay.

welshpug

good luck finding a petrol 2.1 XM....

KRISKARRERA

Was there a 2.1 Citroen XM?

chris adams

Was there a 2.1 Citroen XM?

:( couldnt find anything in the searches i did last nite so dont no where hes got his info from 2.1 td and plenty of but no 2.1 petrols :angry:

James504

There is no 2.1 petrol, only 2.1 xud11.

MiCRO

Are you sure James?

Because I saw in an add, a man is selling Citroen XM 2.1i engine. But on wikipedia for example, there isn't a word about this engine. Is it possible it was made for some markets only?

Anyways, I think it would be easier to search for a Peugeot 605 2.0 throttle body.

James504

100% postive. PSA never produced a 2.1 petrol. The only way to get a 2.1 petrol is custom build xu10 using the 1.9 xu9j4 crank.

chris adams

Are you sure James?

Because I saw in an add, a man is selling Citroen XM 2.1i engine. But on wikipedia for example, there isn't a word about this engine. Is it possible it was made for some markets only?

Anyways, I think it would be easier to search for a Peugeot 605 2.0 throttle body.

what differences are there for the 605 n mi tb?

chris adams

Are you sure James?

is the 605 bigger than the mi tb then?

MiCRO

Yes, according to a friend of mine, it should have 42mm butterflies.

Can you confirm that Mi16 are 35mm?

Because I have one tb which has 38mm butterflies, so I'm not sure.

Edited by MiCRO

chris adams

ill have a look shortly. but dont have proper measuring tools so it will be rough measurement

chris adams

ill have a look shortly. but dont have proper measuring tools so it will be rough measurement

well ive measured the tb from the rear and the opening is 40mm but there is a step of about 1mm around the circumference so the butterflies on my mi16 dc6 are 38mm in diameter.

KRISKARRERA

I thought the 605 TB has a single butterfly valve?

Sign in to follow this