• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jr.Mi16

Gti-6 Engine In 405 Ph2.

Guest Jr.Mi16

Hi everyone.

My sturdy 405 wants a new engine. Its in ravishing condition, a dark-green 1994 edition (sorrento green I think)!

Was thinking about buying a XU10J4RS of a GTI-6. Anyone have any experience with this kind of donor engine? Price is about 600$ for a 150.000km one. About the same as a good cond XU10J4, so its a no brainer if its a easy fit really. Its also a more recent engine.

I think the engine mounts can be reused? The rear and left one seems pretty alike on Peugeot Servicebox at least. Wiring loom is something I just will have to figure out or maybe convert to Megasquirt to make it easier. I dunno what to do about the gearbox? Maybe get a GTI-6 one? They are 6-speed right? Will the manifold hit the firewall? I got no clue really :-P.

The performance should be better than a D6C I expect. :)

KRISKARRERA

Yes, someone else has already done this on here: Clicky

Not to mention umpteen 205 owners over on the 205GTidrivers forum

Can you fill in your location on your profile please.

welshpug

block is identical to a 2.0 Mi16, as are all the mountings.

5 speed is a must apparently as the gearbox sits above the lowest point of the chassis rail, the 6 speed unit is 55mm longer.

of what I've seen its close with the manifold but it does fit.

wiring it up is the easy part.

Sign in to follow this