• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JeffR

Removing A Trailing Arm

JeffR

How difficult is it to remove one trailing arm from the rear beam? I have the choice of diameters with a custom arb & anything over 24mm diameter will require an arm to be removed in order to fit.

If its not a mega job, I'll most likely go for something bigger, but thought I'd check here first. :)

B1ack_Mi16
How difficult is it to remove one trailing arm from the rear beam? I have the choice of diameters with a custom arb & anything over 24mm diameter will require an arm to be removed in order to fit.

If its not a mega job, I'll most likely go for something bigger, but thought I'd check here first. :)

Might be hard if the bars and or ARB sits stuck in there.. or if the bearings are completely rusted and the arm is quite stuck on the bearing-tap on the subframe.

Depends... a fully functioning one in good shape should be quite easy to remove, an old rusted one can be a problem.

JeffR

If that's the case, I shouldn't have too many problems as the beam was rebuilt about 5K ago. The torsion bars were removed when it was lowered & the arb changed as well recently.

Cheers

welshpug

never taken one apart, but from what I can see you just need to remove the torsion bars and ARB and they'll pull off.

JeffR

My parts cd seems to indicate that too. Just the t/bar's eccentric washers & arb pinch bolts holding it together. :o

I'll try & dismiss that thought next month at the 175kph turn 1 at Phillip Island!

Thanks guys.

Sign in to follow this