• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest PeterCrow

Correct Front Wheel Toe Alignment Spec?

Guest PeterCrow

Need help with correct toe adjustment please...!

Just about to have new control arm bushes, Koni shocks (yellows), strut top mounts and new steering ram fitted to my 92Mi16.

What is the correct toe setting for the front wheel? I've seen 3.2mm toe-in in one spec sheet, and now 1.0mm toe-in in another spec sheet.

The front is currently set to 3.2mm toe-in and the steering performance is poor. Also the outside of the tyres are starting to scuff after just 5000km. Should I be trying 1.0mm toe-in (and is the 3.2mm setting an error)?

PS: standard Mi16 alloys with Michelin Pilot Preceda PP2 tyres fitted (at 34psi all round).

Any and all real world experience greatfully received!

swordfish210

Try setting it to 1mm toe out for some better steering response.

JeffR

I'll second swordfish210's 1mm toe out recommendation along with a 21mm rear arb(from Peugeot Partner/Citroen Berlingo) for some cream on top!

Guest PeterCrow

thanks guys - appreciate this and will try it. New Konis and top mounts have arrived - just waiting on the other bushes and steering ram before sending the car to be "fitted up". Will try 1mm out.

Sign in to follow this