• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cammmy

Creak/grind Over Bumps

cammmy

Hey Guys

Recently strated getting a creaking/grinding sort of noise when going over bumps. Sounds like its coming from the front suspension. Have checked under the arch and around the wheel but cannot see any sign of rubbing.

Any Idea what this could be? I have been told it sounds like the rear beam bearings. Am I incorrect in saying that the rear beam is at the back of the car? The noise is definately comnig from the front. Sounds like F/R wheel arch Maybe in centre sometimes but definately not from behind me.

Cheers

Cam

swordfish210

Sound does travel quite nicely through a car, so it could be coming from the back. If it's definetly coming from the front i would say it's either the wishbone bushes or the wishbone ball joint....or the trackrod end.

Jer309GTi

Also, worn/stiff front strut top mounts could cause noises

cammmy

Thanks

It's due a W.O.F (M.O.T) next week so may just take it in and see if they fail it or note down what it is. Get a free re-sit within 30 days so can just have it fixed within that time :P

welshpug

crikey, we only get free re-tests within 10 days, and usually only if the vehicle is repaired on site.

cammmy

Think it might only be a VTNZ thing (owned by the govt) and they don't actually do any work. Testing a pre-purchase inspections only

cammmy

Passed the W.O.F without any comments so whatever it is, doesn't appear to be an issue yet

Weasel_77
Passed the W.O.F without any comments so whatever it is, doesn't appear to be an issue yet

I had the same problem, my mechanic said its the bushings, I think he said they need oil or grease or something and its quite common in Peugeots & Citroens. the creaking only seems to appear in the summer & for some reason it doesn't happen in cold weather.

Sign in to follow this