• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rodionski

Peugeotsport Baffle Sump Replica

rodionski

Just bought myself a PeugeotSport Sump Baffle replica (nice quality, laser cut) to be installed into my ph1 sump.

x_9ada86ab.jpg

As it appears, the thing was made for steel sumps rather than alloy, since it would not fit due to:

1. some metal must be removed from the baffle because of A/C compressor attachment locations

2. some metal must be removed from the sump where the sump fins are located

3. some more metal must be removed from the place where the two faces of what looks like a windage tray are connected by a tidy brace. the mentioned brace must also be cut out as it will lay on the sump body and the baffle will not align.

4. the holes on the side of baffle closer to flywheel will not align with the sump (the center one is fine and the two corner ones will not align for 5-7mm each)

In view of the above i have a couple of questions:

a. Does that baffle sump eliminate and supercede the need for the windage tray as fitted to 405 ph2 and 306 S16 etc.?

b. Why do the holes not align? Supposedly the sump baffle was made for the XU9 block - where there different mounting options or do I have an alloy sump which has different pattern than the one used in the XU9J4 engine? (NOTE: My current sump has cracks and leaks a bit of oil - therefore I bought a spare sump, but I'm not 100% sure from what car it came from)

Many thanks for your feedback!

Edited by rodionski

Sign in to follow this