• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mikekerr13

Power Steering Fault

Mikekerr13

Guys any help appreciated, when the car is at stand still or very low speeds it is an absoulute nightmare to turn right, it feels like the pump is not working at all, yet when i turn left its fine????? is this likely to be the pump or do you think something is binding, i've had the front in the air and it seems to move quite freely when no weight is on it, anybody come across this before.

Jer309GTi

Could be bottom ball joints, or front strut top mounts worn. Is the PAS belt tension ok, no squeeling when the steering is stiff to turn?

Mikekerr13
Could be bottom ball joints, or front strut top mounts worn. Is the PAS belt tension ok, no squeeling when the steering is stiff to turn?

No squeeling at all checked the tension and its fine changed the belt not long ago

rodionski

I have a similar problem - new belt, but sqealing a lot. on a cold car will squeal a lot and be very hard to turn. once the car warms A BIT - it is somewhat easier to turn, but NOT easy. Once the car is fully warm - hard turning and squealing.

How can I fight it?

Sign in to follow this