• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
niallston

Want To Take Out Abs

niallston

i have a few questions . i want to take out the bendix abs set up out of my 4x4 mi and was woundering can i still use my front and rear brake calipers or do i need to replace them aswell as the servo,brake lines and master cylinder

Jer309GTi

You can still use your calipers and some of the brake lines. Is yours the later type ABS with the normal servo and M/C or the type with the ABS unit there instead?

niallston

not sure its on a phase 1 on a 90 plate ? abs pump is on the left but i do have the servo and m/c at the top of the engin bay . i'm quite glad i dont need to change brake calip's thanks for that tip as i'm saving up for new project a turbo conversion.so not being cheeky would do think i need to carry this mission out mate

KRISKARRERA

Is there the vacuum pipe going from master cylinder to the inlet?

Jer309GTi
Is there the vacuum pipe going from master cylinder to the inlet?

From the master cylinder Kris? Did you mean servo?

If there is a normal servo then it sounds like the additional ABS, any chance you could take some pics Niall?

KRISKARRERA

Oh sorry yeah, sounds like he might has that later system. I think they started in late 90.

Sign in to follow this