• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scoop

1.9 Mi16 160 Bhp?

scoop

hi guys, i was wondering how to know if the 1.9 mi16 engine is the 160 bhp or the 148 bhp because i am lloking to buy one, so i dont want to be fooled by any one telling me that its the 160 bhp while its not. so what are the tips and hints that help me identify the 160 bhp one, and thanks alot in advance for ur help :))

Guest NZ16v

Here goes-no MI expert, but as far as XU9s in 405s and BXs there were three...one is the D6C, generally classed as the 'phase1' engine-160hp. the next is the DFW a phase two,with different ecu, knock sensor, and different compression-140-odd hp. the knock sensor is mounted to the front of the block beneath the inlet manifold, right of the oil cooler/filter unit i believe.With BX 16vs its easier to see as almost all phase twos had a different bodykit. I believe the phase two MIs had a redesigned,better quality interior. Finally, there is a 2.0l MI16, with an iron block. I found my designation as a small label riveted on the block with D6C or DFW printed on it. I hope that its designation will be on the original registration somewhere-we have to for ours over here. GO to Peter Taylors site ( www.taylor-eng.com) for the complete lowdown. If he doesnt know, its not worth knowing!

petert1345402284

Engine code is D6C for 160hp or DFW for 148hp. Code plate is stamped into a small plate, riveted to the block, near the engine mount. Other clues, although less conclusive as they may have been changed; ECU part number ends in 158, 161 or 167 is 148hp, and they have cat. Check the number of pins on the ECU harness connector. If there are two rows of pins only, it's definitely a 160hp. Three rows means it may have been either.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?a...ost&id=1939

Edited by petert

scoop

thanks for ur help guys ;), but what ecu code number endings is the 160 bhp engine??, and if there is any pics that would be superb :))))))

Edited by scoop

scoop
Here goes-no MI expert, but as far as XU9s in 405s and BXs there were three...one is the D6C, generally classed as the 'phase1' engine-160hp. the next is the DFW a phase two,with different ecu, knock sensor, and different compression-140-odd hp. the knock sensor is mounted to the front of the block beneath the inlet manifold, right of the oil cooler/filter unit i believe.With BX 16vs its easier to see as almost all phase twos had a different bodykit. I believe the phase two MIs had a redesigned,better quality interior. Finally, there is a 2.0l MI16, with an iron block. I found my designation as a small label riveted on the block with D6C or DFW printed on it. I hope that its designation will be on the original registration somewhere-we have to for ours over here. GO to Peter Taylors site ( www.taylor-eng.com) for the complete lowdown. If he doesnt know, its not worth knowing!

thnx "nz16v" but i know that there are 2 phases for the mi16 which phase one is the 1.9 alloy block and the phase 2 2.0 iron block which only gives 150 bhp, my question was concerning the different 1.9 engines according to the horse power variety.. so dont tell me am no expert

petert1345402284

Common ecu codes for 160hp D6C are ....125 and .....139 for the 2 row, and ...354 and ....355 for the 3 row.

scoop
Common ecu codes for 160hp D6C are ....125 and .....139 for the 2 row, and ...354 and ....355 for the 3 row.

thanks alot petert for ur experience and help :) also u r famous here in egypt about ur great peugeot experience and this ensure a good trust, also i just was wondering what is the max horse power increase chip for the 1.9 mi16?? and what could be the 0-100km acceleration after adding this chip??

Adnic69

I have a 119 ecu in my 205 MI16. How does that compare to the others?

Sign in to follow this