• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scoop

Mi16 2.0 Exhaust Manifold

scoop

hi everyone im glad the forum is back!, ive just bought a mi16 2.0 front half of a 405, and i was planning to turbo charge it, could i use its standard exhaust manifold and create a whole into it then attaching a pipe+flange for the turbo??? could the standard exhaust manifold resist the turbos heat??, also i will use the 1.9 mi16 inlet manifold.

for lowering the compression ratio, is it that i just replace the standard mi16 gasket with the t16 gasket??

Guest flyingpeugeot

first it`s a nice to meet some one from egypt here

in egypt there`s no way to do what you want to do with your ex manifold ...i know what you mean (falansha) :)

for the turbin in ST ex manifold ??

i`v tried it before man ...but all of the time i got the same damn thing (tanfis) :)

my advice . go with dp-engineerings turbo ex manifolds

16v_turbo_xu_31.jpg

16v_turbo_xu_21.jpg

2-i think that reducing CR by thicker head gasket is not suitable way with turbo charged projects specially the strong one

for more wiesly project you must go with a low CR forged pistons to run with hight boost as well

if you have a lim budget you can go with thicker head gasket

by copper head gasket from peterT site..

The standard head gasket is 1.32mm thick. Solid copper gaskets are available in 0.5, 0.7, 1.0, 1.6 and 2.0mm thicknesses. A 0.5mm head gasket will take the CR from 9.7:1 to 10.4:1 on the XU9J4Z, and a 0.7mm from 10.4:1 to 11:1 on an XU9J4. Because the head and the piston are now closer, quench distance is also improved, so you can expect significant gains in midrange torque and throttle response. Approx. AUD$120

but you must take into CONSIDERATION that you`ll can`t run over 8 psi as max without F.P

you`ll can`t go with mi`16 stock ecu...by easily way you can go to ahmed el wakeel to megasquirt your engine :) ...

best wishes man....yours hany mohammed

Sign in to follow this