• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
danrogers

Leak In The Window Washer System..

danrogers

hi all, i have a leak in the washer system, when filled up it appears to be dripping from one of the headlight washers, when i spray nothing comes out of them but they move out which i thought was odd. it only takes a few hours to drain is is really starting to annoy me!

has anyone had a similar problem or can explain how the system is routed/works because much of it looks to be hidden away

KRISKARRERA

One of mine snapped off when I drove into a metal post and it leaked out all the washer fluid reservoir after that. The headlamp washers seem to be pressurised so is there's a leak anywhere all the fluid will just drain out.

Jer309GTi
One of mine snapped off when I drove into a metal post and it leaked out all the washer fluid reservoir after that. The headlamp washers seem to be pressurised so is there's a leak anywhere all the fluid will just drain out.

Dont think its the fact they are pressurised, just that the washers are lower than the reservoir. They have a pump same as the windscreen ones, just a lot higher pressure

danrogers

cheers guys, does anyone know where the hose's are routed to the headlight washers? also i can only see one of the pumps on the res, i think the one i can see is for the headlamps am i right?

Jer309GTi
cheers guys, does anyone know where the hose's are routed to the headlight washers? also i can only see one of the pumps on the res, i think the one i can see is for the headlamps am i right?

From memory it is routed inside the o/s/f wing, then through the front panel into the bumper where it splits in 2. There should be 2 pumps unless the reservoir has been changed at some point. The bigger one with what looks like clear garden hose coming off of it is the headlamp one

KRISKARRERA

Dont think its the fact they are pressurised, just that the washers are lower than the reservoir. They have a pump same as the windscreen ones, just a lot higher pressure

But what makes them fly out when they operate then?

Jer309GTi

I always thought it was the pressure from the pump? The water pushes them out, then when they are fully out the water comes out the nozzles

KRISKARRERA

Ahh yeah but that's what I meant before - if you have a leak down near the jets like I do, when you use the buggers you also lose quite alot of fluid because those hose pipes are huge.

danrogers

cheers :) guna try and see whats going down at the weekend cos' its a pain in the arse having no water when you need some!

Sign in to follow this