• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scoop

Gti 6 Gearbox

scoop

can anyone post a pic of the gti 6 gearbox i need as many pics as u can post plz

scoop

could the gti 6 gearbox fit with the 406 turbo 2.0 8v engine?? and what is the maximum bhp could the standard pistons handle????

Miles

The 6 speed box would fit with ease, It's the last thing I would fit on it thou as even with std power the gears strip, compared with the 5 speed they are not as good

Guest badboyracer3500
The 6 speed box would fit with ease, It's the last thing I would fit on it thou as even with std power the gears strip, compared with the 5 speed they are not as good

Why? :blink: as the gti6 has more power......

Baz

Because the gears are smaller. 6 fitted in the same (roughly) space as 5 usualy are, something's gotta give.

welshpug

I'm a bit confused as to why the cogs are narrower because the gearbox is 6cm longer!!

I've got one I wasnt to fit to my 405, but I cant be arsed to fit it as it's a PITA on a 2.0 with all those wires and pipes over it, and it weighs a ton!

Miles

As Baz has said, the gear's are more Ford like, Shallow cut making them allot weaker than the 5 speed deeper cut gear's.

The power has nothing to do with it, the amount of these that strip gears compared to the 5 speed is allot

Sign in to follow this