• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JamesLeMans831345402285

Oil Pipes

JamesLeMans831345402285

Thought I'd split up my general car chat topic into the relevant sections in the hopes of getting a response..

I've got minor oil leaks all over the engine bay, but no pathces under the car when left standing. It mainly seems to come from the pipes around the front of the block so I'm guessing the pipes expand when warm leaving a few cracks exposed. (Does this sond logical?)

I dont fancy paying PUG prices for standard hoses, so does anyone know if I can get them elsewhere, preferably silicone ones? I've had a nose on ebay but only see them for the 1.9 lump not the 2.0 litre.

Cheers.

Miles

I can;t think of any and having had the 1.9 ones made that was only just worth the tooling cost as I;ve just broke even after 16 month's so not a great investment at all,

Tony1345402284

I recently made a replacement oil filler pipe from copper tube for my series 1 when I couldn't find a replacement locally.

Parts list

1 90 degree bend 25mm OD female female

1 45 degree bend 25mm OD male female

100mm approx of straight tube to join them

2x50mm lengths of hose to join the pipe to the oil filler and the block outlet

total cost about $22

It took severall test fittings to get the angles and length correct.

Then braze the joints and braze the spigot from the old rubber pipe to the new pipe to connect the breather hose from the cam cover.

It might not look like a factory one but it is hidden under the inlet manifold and it certainly works like a factory one.

I'm now thinking it would be possible to recreate the breather hose which runs from the block to the side of the oil filler. This has some tight bends but a combination of copper bends and hose should do it.

Tony

Sign in to follow this