• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scoop

Manual Gear Or Auto D Sport Mode Of P 406?

scoop

i was looking forward for upgrading my peugeot 405 engine to a v6 so i was thinking about which transmision do i choose? manual or auto when its on the sport mode?? does the sport mode makes it to the same performance as the manual??

James504
i was looking forward for upgrading my peugeot 405 engine to a v6 so i was thinking about which transmision do i choose? manual or auto when its on the sport mode?? does the sport mode makes it to the same performance as the manual??

lol lol lol lol lol lol,

There is no comparison between a manual 406 v6 and a auto 406 v6. I can't also be sure you can set up a 4hp20 in a 405 network, even with both ecu's. Definatly impossible to use a am6. I am building the same car, it was hard to source a manual gearbox here, but was well worth the search. My project is still currently just 'bits' Engine, gearbox, haltech, driveeshafts, hubs, brakes, cable gears*it etc. How far along is yours, any pictures?

scoop

lol lol lol lol lol lol,

There is no comparison between a manual 406 v6 and a auto 406 v6. I can't also be sure you can set up a 4hp20 in a 405 network, even with both ecu's. Definatly impossible to use a am6. I am building the same car, it was hard to source a manual gearbox here, but was well worth the search. My project is still currently just 'bits' Engine, gearbox, haltech, driveeshafts, hubs, brakes, cable gears*it etc. How far along is yours, any pictures?

i still didnt buy the package but what made u say there is no comparison, the auto has the sport mode which makes it like the manual and all i wanted to know is the comparison between the acceleration of manual vs d sport acceleration, and there are front halfs of v6 available in egypt and if u have the front half then there should be no problem scince u have everything u need

James504

Manual is more fun naturally. Auto is just lazy, put your foot flat and it sort of goes ok. The "manual shift' mode on the 4hp20 doesnt hold gears either, plus changes 700-500rpm before redline. But its your personal preference, but after spending days trying to figure out why a gearbox ecu wouldnt communicate with the engine ecu or with a PPS or Diag, I no longer want any v6 4hp20s 406 in my life :rolleyes: .

Sign in to follow this