• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Weasel_77

Smoke Coming From Exhaust Manifold?

welshpug

is it a little noisier than usual?

hard to tell but it looks like the fire ring needs replacing, buy a kit from Peugeot with new springs and bolts for about £18 all in.

Weasel_77

Not sure if its nosier than usual as ive only just got the car and its my first Mi. However the engine doesnt seem to be that noisy.

Guest pugwash

when the engins cold run your finger along the back of it just below the rocker gasket if it comes up oily theres your problem its common ,put goo on both sides of the casket and pull it down even from the centre out you can try some washers under the head of the bolts as mine seemed to run out of thread before it pulled down enough go easy as it would apear these bolts are easily broken. pugs

Weasel_77

just had a look, there is a bit of grease but no oil as such, although there is some of the bolts on top of the rocker missing and the cover for the manifold is loose and rattles above 2000rpm. getting all that sorted next week.

it seems to have stopped smoking now and there is also less smoke coming from the exhaust, probably the warm weather.

cybernck

i can't view the video, but smoke could mean a cracked manifold too.

MiCRO
i can't view the video, but smoke could mean a cracked manifold too.

I have a cracked exhaust manifold, does it affect cars performances alot?

Weasel_77

It must have just been a bit of oil that got under the heat shield as the smoke has stopped, it came back though when I sprayed a bit of WD40 on the heat screws are all rusted, poxy bolt snapped when i tried to get it off :angry:

Sign in to follow this