• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest philfingers

2wd And 4wd Mi16s, Whats The Difference

Guest philfingers

Whats the difference between these too. I'm thinking of a 4x4 variant for my 205 road rally car. Is there any thing to choose between them. I seem to remember (if memory correct) that the 4x4 one has slightly less power (158bhp springs to mind) but more torque as a result of different cams.

Is there any other differences. It's an alloy block engine. I know the box is different and I intend to use a differnt box anyway.

I've found out they came with different ECUs, 2 row, 3 row etc etc but any part numbers so I can tell.

Anything to check when looking at one other than the obvious, compression, smoke etc?

So can anyone tell me the power outputs, both cams different or just one. Any other differences other than one lug missing for ther rear engine mount on a 4x4 block.

Rev limits, power torque etc

Is there any other info available anywhere. Tried PSOOC and 205 gti forum too.

Thanks,

Phil

Baz

Why why why why why why why....

1. would you come on here and post about nicking an engine for a 205, especially from a 4x4 when they're already rare enough... :P

2. All the answers have been given already to the same questions you posted on 205Drivers and psooc!!

But i'll tell you again anyway, just to waste my and your own time; The 4x4 doesn't have slightly less power, the cams are slightly different as they have slightly more duration, and the ECU has a higher rev limit. Fitting is the same basically, bar the one bolt hole for the lower engine mount on the back of the block where the transfer box sits. Ecu's, the 4x4 pretty much only came with either 2row 139, or 3row 354/355 (i forget which)

I think there's definitely, especially for a competition use engine, somewhere else to look yes, in a 306's engine bay and stop raping the last of the 405's!! :P:lol:

stuart.m

Haha, well said Baz. Phil - i think your question has been answered :D Best of luck with your project!

Edited by stuartm

Baz

Welcome here anyway Phil. Can you fill in your location in your profile please. :)

Just saving the mods a job!! :lol:

Jer309GTi
Welcome here anyway Phil. Can you fill in your location in your profile please. :)

Just saving the mods a job!! :lol:

Oi you stop nicking my job! ;):lol:

Baz

:lol:

I was bored indoors dodging the rain today!! :(

Guest philfingers

Yes point taken BUT when I looked into this ages ago (since then bought a HiFlow rebuilt motor, had second thoughts and sold it due to the oil starvation issue) I found more info.

So the duration on the cams is longer and the rev limit higher but what's it like to drive? has it got more bottom end than the 2wd variant or more top end. there must be some reason pug changed the durtation.

Thanks for ECU numbers. I'm going to look at the engine soon and wanted to know how to tell the difference between a 2 and 3 row.

breaking cars is a crime yes but at least it's not all going to get cruched and forgotton. I only wish I could find a rust free home for my integrale bits! (and a 405 isn't one of them!)

Baz

2row and 3row are pretty simple to tell the difference, you'll probably kick yourself because simply, there's either 2 or 3rows of pins on the ecu/plug. ;)

Sign in to follow this