• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scoop

Sri 2.0 Automatic Georbox With Mi16 Engine 1.9

scoop

hi there, i have an sri 2.0 peugeot 405 automatic and i was planing to swap my sri engine with an mi16 engine on my automatic gearbox, so is that possible and would there be kick downs??

Jer309GTi

Hi,

I'm sure its possible. The kick down is only controlled by a cable, isnt it? So it shouldn't be too hard to make up a bracket. The only thing I'd be slightly worried about would be that the gearbox could cope with the torque from the Mi motor.

Can you please enter your location into your profile too, cheers

scoop
Hi,

I'm sure its possible. The kick down is only controlled by a cable, isnt it? So it shouldn't be too hard to make up a bracket. The only thing I'd be slightly worried about would be that the gearbox could cope with the torque from the Mi motor.

Can you please enter your location into your profile too, cheers

thnx alot for ur reply, but the sri torque is 176 nm and the mi16 is 179 nm so would that be a big difference and what could be the risks that could happen to the gearbox i mean could it damage the gearbox??and can u tell me more about the cable thing and if u could include any photos that would be superb.

thnx again

KRISKARRERA

Is there a really good reason for you to need an auto? It just seems like ALOT of hassle to go to really. There was a long thread on the 205 forum a while back when someone was trying to create an automatic 205 Mi16 and I think they had alot of problems.

scoop
Is there a really good reason for you to need an auto? It just seems like ALOT of hassle to go to really. There was a long thread on the 205 forum a while back when someone was trying to create an automatic 205 Mi16 and I think they had alot of problems.

what kinda problems??, cuz i realy got used to the auto and i already have it on my sri engine so what could be the problem of exchanging only my sri engine with an mi16??

Sign in to follow this