• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimNotJon

Heater Problem

Guest JimNotJon

Hello there, just a quick intro to me seeings im new!

Names James, come from Lincoln, UK. Don't quite drive a Mi16 or anything, just a boggo 405 1.6 GLX Petrol (1995).

The car recently developed a problem when using the fan controls where by it wouldn't work. I read on another website that if you lightly tap the motor under the glove box it will work, which I did and it works, although it is sometimes a bit hit or miss. However.. during the past week its developed another problem. Regardless wether the heater is on or not, theres a loud clicking coming from underneith the glove box. I have removed the heater motor/fan and that spins as it should but the sound seems to be coming from somewhere else. Its one of those niggley problems, I would just leave it but the clicking is driving me bonkers! I did think it could be to do with the mechanism that directs the air flow, but as they still work.. I assume it can't be that.

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks.

Jer309GTi

HI James, welcome to the forum :)

I'm pretty sure there is a thread on this forum somewhere covering this problem. From memory there is a motor somewhere that the gears wear on and thats what makes the clicking noise.

Could you also enter your location into your profile please

Sign in to follow this