• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bassman

Noisy Diff?

Bassman

Hello,

I have recently found you after being a member of the 205GTIDrivers forum for a few years.

My daily driver is a 1995 405 GLX 1.8i with the XU7 engine.

Recently I have had a whining / grumbling sound from the front and having recently replaced the wheel bearings, I suspected the diff.

I dropped the car off at a local garage to give me an estimate this morning and they have said it is the diff. The receptionist said I needed a new gearbox when she phoned me, but it happens in neutral as well so I knew she had got something wrong. <_<

Having looked on the Peugeot public servicebox parts catalogue, it looks like I can buy bearings for the diff, is it easy to remove the diff?

I think for the 205 with the BE3 it is a couple of bolts and it drops out. Has anybody got any photos?

Thanks

Rob

Bassman

Thanks cybernck.

Looking through that guide, the diff looks fairly straightforward to remove once I have moved the driveshafts out of the way etc.

I presume the grumbling I am getting is from the bearings on the end of the diffs?

Has anybody had any experience of changing these, they are about £30 from Pug.

Rob

KRISKARRERA

Don't forget to fill in your location on your profile bassman.

Sign in to follow this