• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest adrosy1

Advantage & Disadvantage ?

Guest adrosy1

hey all , I need to know what happens when i put the gearbox of s16 on Mi16 motor , because i have a friend made that and when we raced together he but's the third gear & goes on and i can't catsh him , want to know if that's makes any damage, by the way my car is 205 with Mi16 & his car also 205 Mi16 with s16 gearbox .

welshpug

it is the same gearbox.

snave1345402286

I have a question about his too.. My friend just put a Citroen Berlingo 1.9 diesel " gearbox on his mi16 engine, I had a ride with him -

1. he has better much torque and react like a short ratio gearbox

2. The gearbox is much lighter than the mi-16 gearbox

I think I will buy one too to fix on my Mi-16, has anyone ever tried here, just wanna knw if it is really worth it..

KRISKARRERA

Hi adrosy1, can you fill in your location on your profile please.

If a Citroen Berlingo 1.9 diesel gearbox has same or similar ratios to all the other psa diesel gearboxes they are best suited to things less peaky than an Mi16 engine.

Jer309GTi

The Berlingo/Partner box has very low and close gear ratios. It actually makes the thing accelerate not too bad at all for a van!

I wouldn't want one on an Mi however, you would just wheelspin and never get any traction IMO. And as for being lighter, they are basically the same box so don't know how that would work :unsure:

KRISKARRERA
The Berlingo/Partner box has very low and close gear ratios. It actually makes the thing accelerate not too bad at all for a van!

But why on a diesel?!

welshpug

But why on a diesel?!

not meant for outright speed, weight shifting ability and circa 90 mph tops.

still handle damn well though, must be the 405 style rear beam arrangement ;)

KRISKARRERA

The inevitable next question is.... does anyone have info on the exact ratios?

snave1345402286

all that I knw is that My friend who has a berlingo gearbox has better take off the line than me, 1-2-3rd short shift and the 4th gear is long as my mi16 gearbox, he run up to 180km with the 4th gear and change to 5th.. It's really peaky yes .. and he dnt have wheelspin as he got 16"rims, that gearbox help him to compensate the loss he got with the big 16"rims on start, I think if with the 14" rims of Mi it wud have full wheelspin. iran on 17" and wondering I f I will put the gearbox, I already bought one yesterday itself, really light compared to the Mi gearbox.

Jer309GTi

But why on a diesel?!

not meant for outright speed, weight shifting ability and circa 90 mph tops.

still handle damn well though, must be the 405 style rear beam arrangement ;)

*cough* 95 downhill on the governor :blink:

And LOO and 4 wheel drifts are the order of the day :D

KRISKARRERA

Hey Jer, over the weekend could you take the box off and count the teeth on all the gears please?

Jer309GTi

Hmm let me think.... No chance sorry! lol. I'll have a look in the handbook if I can find it, maybe it will list gear ratios in there? :)

welshpug

don't be daft kriss :lol: the hdi version does though...

Jer309GTi

Yeah the HDi ones do. I've got a nice big clock instead in my dash! :)

Guest adrosy1

I still don't now which gearbox is most powerfull for the Mi16!!!!

Jer309GTi

What do you mean by 'the most powerful'? The one to give you the best acceleration, or the strongest box? Or something else? :)

snave1345402286

But why on a diesel?!

Kris,

My opinion is that because diesel engine are slow at start that y they made short shift gearbox to give them torque.

snave1345402286

Guys, next week am going to fit the berlingo gearbox.. will let u knw the outcome

Haze

the mi16 box is probably heavier because its a tougher box ie. more steel parts, bigger parts, etc.

snave1345402286

I finally put the diesel gearbox, the mi-16 run like a tiger !!!!!! grab the road with a nervosity as if am running on a 200 bhp :P

The gear ration is close and it has better acceleration ....

KRISKARRERA

Hehe you mean "run like a Lion"! Would love to know the exact ratios on that box. What speed are you doing at 3000rpm in 5th gear?

snave1345402286
Hehe you mean "run like a Lion"! Would love to know the exact ratios on that box. What speed are you doing at 3000rpm in 5th gear?

hehe u r right Kris.LION ..will check this weekend after my servicing done, Im putting castrol edge sport 10w 60 this time.

cybernck

^ i use that oil and my engines love it :).

Sign in to follow this