• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
snave1345402286

Rpm Limiter

snave1345402286

Hey guys,

I have a question, since I have bought my Mi, I noticed that I can reve up to 7200 rpm, I knw it's not good to over-rev on these kind of engine, I did it accidently when concentrating on the road, What is the rev limiter of an Mi16, because mine I think there is none .. weird isnt it ?

James504
Hey guys,

I have a question, since I have bought my Mi, I noticed that I can reve up to 7200 rpm, I knw it's not good to over-rev on these kind of engine, I did it accidently when concentrating on the road, What is the rev limiter of an Mi16, because mine I think there is none .. weird isnt it ?

I always thought the limiter was 7250.

snave1345402286

ok .. I won't rev more than 7000 rpm to be at safe side

JeffR

I think the 2WD 405's had a 7200-7300rpm limiter.

Times that mine has been on the dyno has shown discrepencies between figures displayed at the dial & actual measured rpm.

Apparently, the 405x4 have a higher limit of 7400rpm.

I ran mine on track work for a season at 7800rpm without incident, so the occasional 'blat' to the limiter won't hurt (if it's a strong healthy & well maintained engine).

Baz

Yes as jeff says, 7200 2wd, 7400 4wd.

Jer309GTi

The gauges aren't very accurate also. My old car had an indicated limiter of 7000, my new one 7200 ish, with an identical engine and loom/ECU

KRISKARRERA

Same engine and ecu can be transfered to another car and show a different limit! Both 405s I've had show 7400rpm at the limiter.

What's bloody stupid is the power isn't going down at the rev limiter.

Jer309GTi
Same engine and ecu can be transfered to another car and show a different limit! Both 405s I've had show 7400rpm at the limiter.

What's bloody stupid is the power isn't going down at the rev limiter.

Thats what i meant Kris, both cars had the same engine/loom/ECU.

I still get caught out by the limiter, because as you say the engine is still pulling hard when the limiter cuts in. On other cars I've had you feel the power dropping off before it cuts in, but not the Mi! :D

lee-bg

I almost always reach the REV limiter :) but I am careful not to kick in , because i loose precious power when 'racing' other cars and REV limit kicks it drops me with 600 revs1

I think if engine is healthy its not a problem 7200. Almost all the time i drive on highway at 6900-7000 REv because my "gearbox" is lower gears but without notice any problem i drive.

Oil is cool, water is cool, oil pressure is correct. so i dont see what can go wrong with it.

Also there is no other sound, so nice like the mi16 Revving at 7000 :) very nice 'rrrrrr'

Sign in to follow this