• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest adrianc

Crank

Guest adrianc

hi does anyone know if a 1900 8v crank fit in a 1900 mi16. thanks ade

petert1345402284

Yes, it's a straight swap.

cybernck

it just has 4 counterweights instead of 8, doesn't it, but that means it's lighter (and less balanced in high revs?).

Guest adrianc

thanks for the answers.what it is...ive just bought a 405 mi16 for the engine to go into my 205, and i think the bottom end has gone because its knocking so im trying to find out different ways of repairing it as i was told sometimes the crank is irreparable if the bearings have spun.if anybody has any ideas for the best way to repair the engine could you please let me know thanks ade

Guest serrento405
thanks for the answers.what it is...ive just bought a 405 mi16 for the engine to go into my 205, and i think the bottom end has gone because its knocking so im trying to find out different ways of repairing it as i was told sometimes the crank is irreparable if the bearings have spun.if anybody has any ideas for the best way to repair the engine could you please let me know thanks ade

Hi strip the bottom end and see how bad it is,you might be ln look and just need a re grind and new shells if not on here or on e bay or even 205 drivers you shud be able to get one no problem B)

Sign in to follow this