• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Feeble

Clutch Question...

Feeble

The clutch in my 405 is so sensitve, if you move it just 1mm off of the floor, it engages...

I dont know if it's because I've been driving a car with a really high bite point, but when I have to move the Mi16 it scares the s*it out of me because it bites at the sligest movement. I dont think it's changed at all from when I bought the car, I'm just not used to it now and wondered if it's normal?

KRISKARRERA

Is your pedal 14.5cm from the floor?

But anyway mine's the same. It's my excuse for not letting anything remotely female drive the car. "No you can't because it's got a sporty clutch!"

My dad's GTI6 is the opposite, very gradual. Mine bites instantly, it's like a switch lol

welshpug

your clutches are fooked!

being P1 cars with Puh type clutches, having very low bite points mean there's not much life left in the friction plate.

or, you need to adjust the cable to the dimension that Kriss said.

Edited by WELSHPUG

Feeble

To be honest I haven't checked...

Edited by Feeble

S@m

Mine is much the same, but only after having had a new clutch and cable, before it used to bite alot higher but now it bites as soon as u lift your foot off the floor. How do you go about adjusting it? It might be a stupid question but i havent much experience with clutches.

Sam

Sign in to follow this