• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vz_ace

Which Coolant G11 Or G12?

Guest Vz_ace

Hello everybody!

I have few questions for you experts ;).

Which coolant mentioned in topic is better for my XU9J4k alluminium block?

Which engine oil is the best for that engine?

thx for your answers,

Vladimir

Jer309GTi

Hi,

If I knew the difference between G11 and G12 I might be able to give you an answer! I just use a good quality antifreeze that is suitable for an alloy blocked engine.

As for oil, good quality 10/40 semi synthetic is what I use, doesn't mean it is the right stuff though :D

KRISKARRERA

You can use 5w40 fully synthetic. It's only thinner at low temps, which is a good thing in any colder country. I use 10w40 though, because I change my oil once every 3 months. :lol:

Having looked at the few different coolant containers in my garage and found no mention of G11 or G12 I can only assume it's either a non-UK spec or the makers consider such terms too technical to detail on the packaging. All I know is never use less than 33% coolant. I'd rather not have corrosion in an engine this old.

Guest Joe

G12 coolant is often used in VW engines. It has a specific kind of red/orange colour and "feels" different. Somewhat like oil...you know?

cybernck

from what i've seen, newer pugs have distinctive fluorescent green coolant, something like alien's blood :D.

KRISKARRERA

Or Predator blood.

"If it bleeds, we can kill it" :lol:

Guest Vz_ace

ok,guys, thx for your answers!;)

i'll put that rosy stuff (G12) in. Somebody told me, that the blue one (G11) is not really recommended at all (it is harmful to block and gaskets). but at the moment is the blue one in, because of the previous owner. I must hurry, before is too late!;)

oil: i use total quartz 9000 5w-40. i think, that is ok.

another question: has anybody here maybe installed that turbo-kit from DP-engineering? Is it ok? pros-contras?

thank u all and sorry for typing mistakes;)

Vlado

Guest Joe

We will be installing a DP-Engineering kit soon. Keep looking at the topic.

Edited by Joe

Guest Vz_ace
We will be installing a DP-Engineering kit soon. Keep looking at the topic.

ok-i can't wait for the results!;)

Sign in to follow this