• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Clutch Pedal Problem

Jer309GTi

My clutch pedal has gone to the floor a couple of times now, but when you lift it back up it is fine again. Is this likely to be the little white clip on the end of the cable being worn?

petespug405mi16

ive had the same problem and found it wasnt the white plastic bit but the metal clip that holds the cable in place. found it to be a bit worn so as temp measure i bent the clip a bit and never had the problem since still got the new clip waiting to go in lol

Jer309GTi

Cheers mate, I'll try bending it for now. I guess you can only get the clip from a main dealer?

petespug405mi16

yup cant remember how much it was but was cheap can be got from citreon as well

cybernck

post-1-134540328768_thumb.jpg

2096 13 :)

you can also get just a clip if you want though.

cheap as chips either way :).

Jer309GTi

Thank you :)

KRISKARRERA

That white plastic devil likes to snap at the most awkward moment. They really should have made that bit out of metal!

Bluegalaxy1056

yeah mine snapped last week but luckly it was on my drive as i was about to go out!

A trip down to the scrappy and a fiddle about in a 405 on the drivers seat hanging upside down with a torch in my mouth and screw drivers in my hand got one off.

They are pretty weak when you take a look at what they have to do <_<

welshpug

how much did the scrappy rob you for it? they're about £3 from pug and wont snap in a few weeks like the scrappy sourced one ;)

KRISKARRERA

Wasn't old matey on psooc forum saying he was looking at making a metal one?

Jer309GTi
yeah mine snapped last week but luckly it was on my drive as i was about to go out!

A trip down to the scrappy and a fiddle about in a 405 on the drivers seat hanging upside down with a torch in my mouth and screw drivers in my hand got one off.

They are pretty weak when you take a look at what they have to do  <_<

:o That was a lot of effort to go to for something so cheap from Pug :unsure:

Bluegalaxy1056

Haha yeah it was a lot of effort but I needed my car for a job interview the next day!

To be fair tho the scrappy did let me have it for free as he was waiting to go home and to be honest if i would much rather go to the scrappys and trash a car when i have the chance B)

Jer309GTi

Ah I see, makes sense :)

I still haven't fixed mine :unsure:, took my new g/f out last night and it must have gone to the floor 5 times, not too embarrasing lol :D

danrogers

my plastic bit snapped when i was going through KF bloody C drive thru lol, i s*it myself and thought it was the clutch!!

Bassman

I had a problem with my clutch pedal staying a the floor on my ph II GLX because the lever arm had dropped and the lever arm was getting stuck, probably because the bearing was being pulled off the end of the shaft.

I fixed/bodged it by adding a collar on the lever arm to keep it lifted up as I couldn't face removing the gearbox again B)

I think there is a plastic locating bush at the bottom of the lever arm / fork that must be damaged, but it works fine now with this permanent temporary collar. :D

Bluegalaxy1056
my plastic bit snapped when i was going through KF bloody C drive thru lol, i s*it myself and thought it was the clutch!!

Well for the first 2 weeks of fitting a new one i was having nightmares of it snaping someplace stupid. KFC though, that sounds nice!

Sign in to follow this