• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
S@m

More Electrical Woes!

S@m

Back again with more electrical trouble! First of all let me set the scene, a while back i used to have a problems when hitting bumps in the road the ignition would cut momentarily (rev counter would drop off and no power) but after going through all the major connections (coilplug/relays/afm/tps/ignition amp/HT leads) and cleaning them up the problem disappeared.

The other day i changed the Spark plugs (Bosch Super 4s) dizzy cap and rotor arm and the car seems to run alot smoother but the problem has re-emerged but this time its nothing to do with bumps in the road and is just completely random (usually doesnt happen until ive already travelled about 10miles or so) and sometimes the engine will cut completely whilst driving (at about 3000rpm) and ill have to restart it on the move. Any ideas on this one fellas?

Ive gone through all the connections again and it hasnt helped.

Sam

JOHN89MI16

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the engine management relay. I believe its on the off side part of the engine bay inside a black box. It also could be the junction box that the positive battery lead goes to. It has some push in connectors underneath the box on the nearside part of the engine bay. Try pushing them back up.

S@m

Cheers, i just cleaned up all the connections about 20 times and it seems alot better now. Still get some hesitation below 4000revs though. All good above that. Any ideas on the hesitation? I was thinkin maybe the airflow meter is at fault cos that only comes into play below 4k.

Sam

Sign in to follow this