• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy

Dastek Pigy Back Ecu's

Sloppy

initially rempas were way out of my budget for the mi16, but found a rolling road for a more reasonable price but heard with the piggyback ecu's the cost is much less again to map.

Got 406 turbo injectors and gti inlet + fitting a decat and less restrictrive silencers so want to get the best + maybe a cat cam depending on funds

so has anyone used one of these on an mi16 ecu heard there expensive to map usually

petert1345402284

You haven't said which model Mi16 you have, but if it's a Series 1 with an AFM, I wouldn't bother. I can get 180-185hp out of the std. ECU and injectors, but that's the limit. There's little point spending money on it due to the AFM. It severly limits what you can do. The base maps are very good however, especially the 3 row versions. Change the inlet cam and make sure all is mechanically sound ie compression. That's about all you can do without fitting an after market ECU.

The Series 2 is a different matter. It senses load via manifold pressure and has smaller injectors. So definitely worth the effort.

Sloppy

sorry yes mines a mk 2 mi16 on a 93 L reg, as you say i heard there were a bit poo to map and had crap injectors hence the injector change and manifold change.

Sign in to follow this