• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest scottcmb

405 Mi16x4 Series 1 Speedo Cable

Guest scottcmb

ok peoples does anyone out there need to purchase the 610mm speedo cable that goes between the elbow at the gearbox to the electronic sensor just by the clutch pedal. im getting one made at this moment here in New Zealand and the cost is $80 NZ......i contacted pug spares the other day and they dont have any!!!....so i found this place here that can make them for me.....so i thought you guys out there might have the same prob and just wanted to let you know.......Cheers

cammmy

My Speedo is very shaky at low speeds and frequently cuts out all together. I can hear something slipping before it gives up the fight for life. Do you have these kind of problems? is this why you need a new cable? If so HELL YES I will get one from you

Cheers

Cam

Guest scottcmb
My Speedo is very shaky at low speeds and frequently cuts out all together. I can hear something slipping before it gives up the fight for life. Do you have these kind of problems? is this why you need a new cable? If so HELL YES I will get one from you

Cheers

Cam

the jumping is normal....the cutting out sounds the same prob i had and found that the crimped square end attached to the cable starts to let go a found that the cable starts to spin inside it. Apex in Hamilton is making it for me, they will ring me on tuesday when its ready....i can let them know that u might be interested in one so they can keep the specs with them to easily make another for ya. I think the jumping is caused by the cables tight bends at low speeds, the cable must be binding against the walls of the outer sleeve. I dont think that lefthand drive versions overseas would suffer the same prob due to the cable being more a straighter line from the gearbox and through the firewall. cheers

Guest scottcmb

hey Cammy, did you get your MI from that guy in Invercargil who about a year ago was selling on trademe?

cammmy

Na got it from a guy in Auckland. When I say shaky at low speeds I mean at 50kph it wobbles +/- about 3kph and at 30 its about +/- 10kph. Whats the number for the cable place?

Cheers

Cam

Guest scottcmb
Na got it from a guy in Auckland. When I say shaky at low speeds I mean at 50kph it wobbles +/- about 3kph and at 30 its about +/- 10kph. Whats the number for the cable place?

Cheers

Cam

the number is...078477179......there name is APEX in Hamilton....tell them that they just made one for scott.....they can repair your existing one for you if ya like

cammmy

I think it would be easier just to get a new one. So it is just the cable? not the pinion gear (or whatever it is) in the transfer case (I think???)

Cheers

Cam

Guest scottcmb
I think it would be easier just to get a new one. So it is just the cable? not the pinion gear (or whatever it is) in the transfer case (I think???)

Cheers

Cam

yep just the cable that connects to the steel elbow from the gearbox and the other end connects to an electrical sensor thats just above the clutch pedal...its 610mm long...thats what APEX made for me

Sign in to follow this