• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest piran21

Itbs

Guest piran21

Is it possible to use motorcycle throttle bodies (ITBs) on a Mi16? Specifically from a Suzuki GSXR 750.

KRISKARRERA

Alot of discussion on this on the 205 forum...

petert1345402284

They're generally not big enough. You need 45mm to feed it properly.

rodionski
They're generally not big enough. You need 45mm to feed it properly.

Hi there Peter! I am currently pondering to pursue Solex 40mm carbs setup with stock cams and everything.

Would you still suggest that 40mm is not enough for stock cams? The Solex 40mm setup is far far cheaper than Webber/Dellorto 45mm setup.

What max power/torque would I be looking with 40mm vs 45mm with stock engine?

Many thanks in advance!

p.s. I am also planning on going to 11.0-11.5 CR when switching to carbs.

petert1345402284

Maybe 40mm tbs, definitely not 40mm carbs.

rodionski
Maybe 40mm tbs, definitely not 40mm carbs.

Not really following you here. The carbs are differentiated by their throttle bodies diameter in my comments. So what do you mean by saying 40mm tbs and not 40mm carbs?

What i referred to was a 40mm solex carbs, 40mm inlet manifold and suitable horns to fit or, alternatively, 45mm carbs, 45mm inlet and horns.

Could you please advise? Many thanks!

cybernck

Throttle bodies have almost no obstructions internally and flow a lot more for the same diameter than carbs.

103 bhp 205 Rallye 1.3 uses twin Weber 40's, so... :)

P.S. Incidentally, I've got a set of quad 44mm Toyota throttle bodies, easily adaptable onto a standard manifold,

plus a Megasquirt ECU to go with them ;):lol:.

rodionski
Throttle bodies have almost no obstructions internally and flow a lot more for the same diameter than carbs.

103 bhp 205 Rallye 1.3 uses twin Weber 40's, so... :)

P.S. Incidentally, I've got a set of quad 44mm Toyota throttle bodies, easily adaptable onto a standard manifold,

plus a Megasquirt ECU to go with them ;):lol:.

Ok, I'm hearing you now. We've emailed back and forth with respect to Brembo brakes, so you must have my email addresses. Could you please revert with more details. Many thanks!

Sign in to follow this