• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy

K Light

Sloppy

the engine K light is always on when i start the car for a few secs? is this normal or not? and common places or faults to check

Used to have check engine light too but this went after new coil packs and gti inlet :D

JamesLeMans831345402285

Umm thought the engine warninge and k light was the same :rolleyes: doh well,

Anywho no lights stay on mine after ignition is on, so I guess not normal, I reckon its detecting acav as faulty because you removed it?

Sloppy
Umm thought the engine warninge and k light was the same  :rolleyes: doh well,

Anywho no lights stay on mine after ignition is on, so I guess not normal, I reckon its detecting acav as faulty because you removed it?

good thinking could be but it used to be there before, but then again the avac was not wqorking spot on???

welshpug

yes its normal, it should go off after a few seconds.

Bonez

as said normal :)

as long as it goes off after a couple of seconds

JamesLeMans831345402285
as said normal :)

as long as it goes off after a couple of seconds

I disagree, at least on phase 2, my k-light stayed on for a few secs after ignition when i had a faulty acav solenoid. After replacing it, it went away. Returned when one of my diaphragms died replaced that and away again. Currently no lights on my dash whatsoever after spark.

Sloppy

so what you saying yours come on with the ignition but then straight off as soon as it fires?

JamesLeMans831345402285
so what you saying yours come on with the ignition but then straight off as soon as it fires?

Yip

Guess the best thing to do for a definitive answer is make yerself up a fault code reader, theres a guide on here somewhere..

Edited by JamesLeMans83

Guest badboyracer3500

Mine does the same, goes straight out after firing.

Feeble

Same here... Hope it's nothing worth worrying about...

stuart.m

mine always stays on for a second or 2 after starting the car, even when theres no faults logged in the ecu, assumed this was normal

JamesLeMans831345402285
mine always stays on for a second or 2 after starting the car, even when theres no faults logged in the ecu, assumed this was normal

*shrugs*, well when my acav problems where about the lifters were not moving, that was when I had the light for a few secs on ignition, got the acav working again and the light goings out straight away on spark. So im guna go ahead and say it was definately recording a fault - even though i never got a reader made...

It does return to that state now and then, every few thousand miles (when the acav working fine tho) tends to occur if its been running rough ie some what i assume is pinking. Don't know what the cause is but a quick battery pull clears the light on ignition and she runs smooth again. not had the k-light come on whilst running yet.

Isn't there an urban myth that you will probably see the k light when starting after a stall because the engines flooded?

Sign in to follow this