• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest JAY1

Speedo Cable.... Help!

Guest JAY1

Hi

I have just changed the heater matrix and am in the process of putting the dash back. I now need to connect the speedo cable to the speedo but am having trouble getting it to reach! Is there a particular way it connects? when i took the dash out i didnt need to disconnect the speedo cable as it came off as soon as i took the clocks out.

thanks in advance

ryan13961345402285

It'll only really connect up when the clocks are put back into position. ie there is no excess in the cable

Guest JAY1

someone did suggest that to me but when i took it for a drive the speedo wasnt working. Is it a case of trial and error?

thanks for your reply

welshpug

unplug it from the gearbox and carefully pull up some slack, you can then clip it on with a little more space to work with.

they do clip in quite securely!

I didnt take my dash out to do the matrix :ph34r:

Feeble

I had about an inch of play when I did mine...

Guest JAY1

I've done it!

I managed to do it without disconnecting it from the gearbox. As i have big hands i was finding it very difficult to 'guide' the cable as i pushed the clocks back. I decided to tape some string to the speedo cable which allowed me to guide the cable and pull n it at the same time, hey presto its done!

thanks for all your help.

Now i just have to try and remember how the rest of it goes back :S

KRISKARRERA

Satisfying when a complete bitch of a job is finally done isn't it.

Ironic that recently there's been a few 4x4 speedo cables on ebay but none for the 2wd Mi16.

Feeble

Has there?! I spent months looking for one! :P

Baz

Yep, and my heart just sank when i realised i missed it end today, but low and behold, the winning bidder is my dad!! :lol:

Cheers for pointing it out Kris! :D

Feeble

£6.50?! You got a Billy bargain there mate!

Baz

Yup!! :D

cammmy

I need a cable for mine as I can't get it road legal without one. Apparantly there is a place that will make one for about 30 pounds but if worst comes to worst I can always get a HUD for 60 quid and have it fitted, Then I will have RPM and Speed on the windscreen. I don't think the novelty would ever wear off :D

cybernck

^ any links for that one? :)

stuart.m

yeah i'd be interested in giving that a shot as well :D

cammmy

The only ones I know of are $149NZD at repco and there are only 2 left. Think you can pick them up from ebay and what not too

mikeymi16

i bought a spedo cable for my ph1 fwd mi16 a few months ago from gsf in exeter as far as i could tell they still stock them and they were on there website where i ordered it from cant remember how much but not much more than a tenner i dont think

Sign in to follow this