• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GazzaD

Something In The Ac Is Making A Noise

GazzaD

Something is making a creaking / cracking noise behind the small vent on the dash. It sounds like a motor/gears not meshing any ideas?

KRISKARRERA

Very much depends on what that noise sounds like. Might just be the automatic temperature control mechanism doing it's thing.

GazzaD

its loud enough to be intrusive when the car is ticking over...got no radio at the mo! (and the last car I had was a merc s class!) It sounds like cracking plastic or plastic gears breaking up and it is continuous never stops!

Guest serrento405
its loud enough to be intrusive when the car is ticking over...got no radio at the mo!  (and the last car I had was a merc s class!)  It sounds like cracking plastic or plastic gears breaking up and it is continuous never stops!

Sounds like the little servo motor that controls the re serk vent mine dus it, it creeks :(

GazzaD
Sounds like the little servo motor that controls the re serk vent mine dus it, it creeks  :(

Easy fix? or should i just get the radio working! :blink:

kutija1345402283

It's an air temperature sensor.

Take it out and clean it and it should stop making noise...at least mine did after cleaning :)

Sign in to follow this