• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JamesLeMans831345402285

Annoying Problem

JamesLeMans831345402285

I ave an annoying problem with the engine, every now and then after a bit of 'luke warm driving' I get a distinct pinking sound from the engine around 3, 500 revs. After which the car becomes very 'lazy' and a bit juddery wen going at a constant speed in 4/5th. Next time I start the car up the k-ligt stays on for a few seconds, also I have replaced the acav solenoid recently. A quick reset of the battery cures it until the next 3rd gear over taking manouver. Its annoying the crap out of me as im sure resetting the ecu every couple of days is reducing my fuel economy while it 'learns' the best fueling pattern again. Currently getting around 23/24 miles per gallon regardless of driving like miss daisy or like its tolen.

Its a 2.0 litre lemans, ive got a suspicion theres a leak in the acav system on one side causing 3 and 4 butterflys to open a fraction later than 1 and 2 and terfore cause a bit of air starvation on ones side hence the pinking noise?

That sound in anyway right to someone or anyone had this problem before?

Apologies for any mis-spelling or bad gramar i've had a few!

James

Bonez

check that the inlet is not cracked its self

i had it on mine where it was cracked and it wouldnt pull and then it did

take it off and have a really good look around it

with the pinking i have no idea! sorry!

Sign in to follow this