• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuart.m

Bit Rough... Juddering

stuart.m

Hi,

Not a major grip this but its starting to annoy me a bit. Has done it since I got the car just been driving around town a lot the last few days and its irritating.

Say im driving around town and back right off the throttle the car will bounce/judder a bit. Press the accelerator and its smooth and fine as ever, its just on no throttle/tiny amount of throttle. My current thinking is that its something to do with fuelling, as the car pops through the exhaust usually when doing this. Lambda sensor is new, and made no difference to the problem. Replaced fuel filter as well.

So im thinking.... ecu temp sensor, or throttle position sensor? If this seems like a reasonable idea, where would I go about getting these sensors? If they are still available from peugeot that would obviously be the best course of action, just maybe a bit expensive, had a look on the euro car parts website and theres nothing at all listed under 'engine sensors'.

Thanks for any advice,

Stuart

KRISKARRERA

This sounds similar to my current problem.

If I'm drifting along in traffic at say 2000rpm in 2nd gear with foot off gas pedal and then I go to accelerate the car will jerk a few times before smoothing out. And when taking foot off accelerator it jerks again as if the fuel cut off wasn't immediate...

A hard nut to crack this one.

stuart.m

Right, going to start with these sensors anyway. Can anyone suggest the best place to get a hold of them? As for other ideas... im running short of them. Someone suggested possibly a leaking injector seal, so going to have a look next time im back home!

Guest Vz_ace
This sounds similar to my current problem.

If I'm drifting along in traffic at say 2000rpm in 2nd gear with foot off gas pedal and then I go to accelerate the car will jerk a few times before smoothing out. And when taking foot off accelerator it jerks again as if the fuel cut off wasn't immediate...

A hard nut to crack this one.

hint: disributor cap and ring, ignition cables.

I solve my 'jerking and bouncing' problem with replacing these parts. In my case-there were small jerking problems at the beginning which during time became big jerking problems. The car was hardly driveable in the end.

i hope you will understand me. bad english;) good luck with solving the problem. maybe you can tell us about results;)

Sign in to follow this