• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cammmy

Uprated Coils

cammmy

Hey Guys. I work at an auto parts store now so I'm finding out how many things I can get for my 4bie through work (25% discount inc special orders).

I'm pretty certain i'll be getting some Bosch Super 4 spark plugs (unless any one here can think of a decent reason why not), and also an uprated coil. We currently stock the Bosch GT40 and GT40T (transformer type) but according to Bosch they will not work with the Mi16 (they only stated the XU9J4ZKAT but I assume it's the same for the XU9J4), what will happen if I use either of these coils with the Bosch Super 4 Plugs? Will I be able to use wither of these coils if I get and uprated dizzy?

Cheers

Miles

I;ve only ever had problems with Bosch Super 4's, Give me a set of NGK's any day of the week.

petert1345402284

An upgraded coil would be something like a Bosch MEC-718. I personally wouldn't change from the stock coil unless I was fitting individual coils and moving up to wasted spark. A CDI unit tucked up away up near the ECU would be a much better investment and would fire any old plugs you had laying around. Have a look at M&W, Crane, MSD etc. I personally prefer M&W because they're a quality, locally made product with a huge racing support base.

cammmy
I;ve only ever had problems with Bosch Super 4's, Give me a set of NGK's any day of the week.

what kind of problems did you have? I havn't noticed any so far

cammmy
An upgraded coil would be something like a Bosch MEC-718. I personally wouldn't change from the stock coil unless I was fitting individual coils and moving up to wasted spark. A CDI unit tucked up away up near the ECU would be a much better investment and would fire any old plugs you had laying around. Have a look at M&W, Crane, MSD etc. I personally prefer M&W because they're a quality, locally made product with a huge racing support base.

Sweet cheers for the info. Wasted spark sound good, however I have learned that for my next WOF some kind of bush needs replacing in my Hydros (when does it end?) Then I need to move onto the electrics

Sign in to follow this