• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest P Zero

Basic Mods

Guest P Zero

Has anyone made their own cold air induction system? I was thinking of attempting it myself but I may as well learn from other peoples mistakes!

Also, I'm thinking of getting a full decat system made up by these guys - http://www.meercat-exhausts.com/. They seem to be pretty highly thought of in performance and motorsport circles.

welshpug

no need IMO, the original system is good enough, use some heat reflective tape on the pipes to keep it cooler and thats it :)

Guest P Zero

Thats what i keep hearing, but I cant help thinking the duct routes are a bit convoluted. Surely theres some room for improvement?

Guest turbolag

That's just the problem - there ain't much room to do anything.

Jer309GTi

I was thinking of making an insulated fibreglass box around a cone filter, using the existing cold air feed above the rad. There is room to do it (on a P1 anyway), but it is no where near the top of the 'to-do' list atm :D

ryan13961345402285

I really need to get me a cold air pipe. Mine didn't come with one (some bugger must've forgotten to put it back on at some stage) and the car is constantly getting hot air from the radiator

Sign in to follow this