• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryan13961345402285

Normal Running Temps?

ryan13961345402285

I'll hopefully have the 405 MOT'd and road-legal in a couple of weeks, so just wondering what sort of temperature (on the dials) would be considered normal (for coolant and oil)? Just checking incase I get a shock on my way to the MOT test centre!

welshpug

90 on both is what I get on a run.

JamesLeMans831345402285
90 on both is what I get on a run.

In town the water run at half way on the gauge to just over until the fan kicks in. oil hardly ever seems to get that high unless stuck in very heavy traffic. Always said to myself id just pull over and wait if the oil got over half way but it just dont happen. Motorway running the water sits around a quater same with the oil. (2 litre)

KRISKARRERA

According to the pug literature from the time, you can allow the oil to reack 140 degrees C intermittantly! :o

Guest serrento405
According to the pug literature from the time, you can allow the oil to reack 140 degrees C intermittantly! :o

I had mine up to 140 before I rebuilt it on a track day, need oil cooler on track at the mo beying tight still mine runs 90 and about 105-110 when given some beans

Edited by serrento405

JamesLeMans831345402285

I had mine up to 140 before I rebuilt it on a track day, need oil cooler on track at the mo beying tight still mine runs 90 and about 105-110 when given some beans

Maybe I need to drive faster :lol: Seriously tho I wouldnt say I am driving conservatively with the temps I get. Oil change was done by pug stealer so just the bogo semi synth oil in there.

ryan13961345402285

What do the actual lines on the gauges equate to though? Since there are no numbers on them

Feeble

I was about to ask that...

Jer309GTi

My mate Matt and I have a little motto, 'If your oil temp is higher than the water temp gauge you know you're having fun!' Quite easy to do if you are out on our favourite roads as they have a fair few hills ;)

KRISKARRERA
What do the actual lines on the gauges equate to though?  Since there are no numbers on them

I'll scan in the manual later.

If I'm on a long drive my oil is half way on the gauge and the water is about quarter on the gauge.

Jer309GTi

According to the diagram I've had my oil temp over 120 degrees on the road :o

Sign in to follow this