• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
petespug405mi16

Arrrggggh

petespug405mi16

god dam 405 mi16x4 finaly managed to find a decent fog light in scrappy the other day for a fiver :D and then today coming of the motorway stopped at island pulled away and thought somthings not right here got revs but no speedo wonder what part of the cable has bust :angry:

Guest turbolag

is it the cable? Doesn't the fourbie have a plastic speedo drive pnion that can break (hoping i'm wrong!)?

Feeble

And it's a right bugger to replace! :P

petespug405mi16

hmmm hope its not this part was weird one min having speedo working then after i stopped it wasnt hmmm going to have to use the sat nav for a speedo for a bit me thinks

Feeble

My one works sometimes... It's worked for 27 miles since I've owned the car, off and on... But I've tried in vein to fix it, and it's nigh on impossible without getting lots of stuff out of the way first... :(

cammmy

My speedo works on and off... mainly off. When mine does work, at low speeds it's very wobbly. I assume that means that the cable is worn and the pinion is okay, I don't know for sure though. I start working at a car place soon so when I know a bit more i'll thake the cable out and have a new one made. In the meantime I am pretty damn good at taking speed from rpm.

Might need to change it for mph at onlineconversion.com

4th gear 2000rpm = 50kph

5th gear 1850rpm = 55kph (approx)

5th gear 2500rpm = 80kph

5th gear 3100rpm = 100kph

petespug405mi16

well ive found out its the top part thats dead and that part is no longer available but the bottom part is

Edited by petespug405mi16

Sign in to follow this