• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuart.m

Misfire

stuart.m

Hi,

I changed the lambda sensor a few days ago, and all was fine for a couple of days, then yesterday after id been driving for about an hour and a half the car seemed to lose power and the k-light flickered a bit, then it was missing a bit.

got home, and it was fine again when it cooled down. read the fault codes and there was only one about 'mixture control', which is making me think the lambda is dodgy... again today it was fine until it was hot, then started it again exactly the same. to me it seems more like a coil pack on its way out, but id have thought this would have given its own error code?

Any good tricks for identifying a dodgy coil, being as it isnt showing up as an ecu error code? Or am i barking up the wrong tree and got a dodgy sensor...

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

Stuart

cybernck

that really sounds like one of the coils is dieing, but it should give it's own error code indeed.

the easy way to test it is to wait until it happens again and if it feels like it's running on three cylinders,

disconnect the injectors one by one (i mean, one at a time). when you disconnect the one on a cylinder

with the faulty coil, the engine will keep running on three (instead of two).

stuart.m

thanks, did that, it wasnt firing on cylinder 3, swapped two of the coils round and the fault followed with it, so its definetely a dodgy coil. wont be able to get one until thursday afternoon, cant wait, glad it should be an easy fix

Sign in to follow this