• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest P Zero

Bike Throttle Bodies

Guest P Zero

I know this has been touched on a lot both here and over on drivers, but there seems to be little information on the results of such a conversion. Does anyone know realistic power gains would be from using bike throttle bodies on an Mi16 motor, specifically the XU10J4? Torque, BHP, etc.

I'd love to go the jenvey route, but at about £1500 it's quite expensive. I've heard of people completing a bike body conversion for around £500.

Sloppy

for £1500 i would want a turbo :D

not heard to much, think is cheaper to source em

Guest turbolag

i think it's feasible, but as sloppy points out, that kind money could get you a V6 or turbo motor to slot in, with greater gains and better driveability.

Miles is the man to ask for this one.

Miles

I've never liked these Bike Carb or Body set up's, As I;ve yet to see one give any good gains compared to proper bodies,

The things against bike parts are

1. Generally poor designed inlet manifolds (Unequal length intakes)

2. Injector position wrong (Or carb's sit too close to the head/valve)

3. Finding someone to set them up with the correct jets I guess is pretty hard, It;s bad enough for std carb's alone.

4. Designed for high reving 1000cc bike engine's, not 2000cc low reving car engine's

I;ve seen a GTi6 engine on ebay which I guess some of you have claiming a mere 175bhp from a GTi6 engine, Need I say more

Guest P Zero

Thats kinda the conclusion I came to. Any gains I've heard of really seem to be quite measly for the money.

I cant justify the expense of a proper TB setup. It would cost more than I paid for the car!! Unless I can source everything second hand and find some kind of cheap management.

Would the Peugeot/Citroen Magneti Marelli 8P ECU be capable of running a throttle body setup? I believe it can be remapped, but does it have all the necessary gubbins?

Edited by P Zero

Miles

I believe it can but I'm no electronic's wiz, Just wiring is one of my trades,

But this remapping thing is just silly now, I think it's £400.00 + VAT which I think is taking the **** but it's a unique skill so he's got the market place to himself.

I got a OMEX600 ECU for £300.00 so they do crop up from time to time

petert1345402284

Any of the later ECU's (those without an AFM) can run throttle bodies, provided you have small cams (to give a good vacuum signal). Naturally for best performance you'll need a remap. So you may as well buy an aftermarket ECU.

Guest turbolag

Nitrous! Cheaper, more power, easier to install/setup/remove, discrete, and doesn't affect the normal driving characteristics of the engine.

Sign in to follow this