• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mi16Lemans

A Big Thankyou To Everybody Who Helped Me

Mi16Lemans

Hey hey Guys.

My misfire problem is no more, after replacing various bits and bobs the problem hads vannished :)

I replaced the sparkplugs eventhough they were new and the problem got a lot better, but when putting the leads back on something just didn't feel right, the plug end of the lead wasnt the correct lengh for the plug.??? so I got some new leads, problem still there but better still.

A big thankyou to the person who told me that the rev counter gets its signal from the ignition Module, a new one finally arrived to day, I swapped it over and now the problem has compleatly gone.... :):):)

So what with all my new bits, (the guy before me replaced the coil and cap etc), I have a perfect running Mi again, the idel is as SMooth as can be which is very good for an Mi as we'll all agree.

only thing is, the guy who owned it before me replaced the cambelt and both tensioners, I've got a high pitched whinning/screaming which get faster with engine revs - belt to tight maybe.??

..thanks again to everyone who gave me their advise and their oppions..

..Tony..

ryan13961345402285

High pitched whine is probably a belt too tight as you say. Possibly the alternator belt, but don't rule out the timing belt

Sloppy

yea ive heard of too tight belts on the gti6 making the same noise :(

Jer309GTi

Nice, its very satisying when you have a fully working car again :)

Miles

Without a doubt check the belt, For all you know he had no idea of what he was doing

Sign in to follow this