• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Feeble

Speedo Cable

Feeble

What is the best way to go about removing the speedo cable on a Mi16x4? I can gather how to change it at the back of the instrument panel, it's under the bonnet I am having trouble...

Any tips would be appreciated! :)

Feeble

Anyone? I'd kinda like to have a go at this today. :)

welshpug

if its anything like the x2 cable, pull out the rubber pin, then pull the cable easy as that :D

Feeble

Where's the rubber pin? :P The 4bie cable has a metal bend that goes into the gearbox housing! :rolleyes:

Feeble

Ok, surely someone must know if this is possible to do with the engine in situ? My dad had a go, his arms were far too big, I had a go, same problem. Even my 12 year old brother couldn't feel where it connects to the transfer box housing! :(

Is this really gonna be an engine out job? :rolleyes:

welshpug

cant you get it from underneath?

Guest turbolag

Even on the 2bie access is a nightmare, and removal of airbox etc makes access lot easier.

Feeble

No, access seems completely impossible... And now it's just started raining! :( Damnit!

Edited by Feeble

Baz

It's probably best going from underneath if you can, it enters the transfer box to the right of where the dipstick tube comes out, there's the rubber pin, remove that and then it should come free. :)

Not saying it's easy though!

Edited by BazGTMi

Feeble

Does anyone think removing the battery and tray would help? I will be having another go at this soon! :)

imaS

I took off powersteering pump and battery. After it I gained access to connection between metal and normal cable. Rubber pin should also be reachable after removing powersteering pump.

My car is lefthand drive, so connection between cables may be on otherside of the engine.

Feeble

Oh my God! We fixed it, we fixed it! :D

Not a nice job but we got there in the end. The metal bend did not need changing thank God!

Just took it for a drive down the road... I dont want the Nissan Sunny any more! I want the Mi16 back!! It just wanted to go. It hasn't been started in over two weeks, and it just came straight to life! Can't believe how responsive it is. Driving that Sunny is a whole world away from the Mi16!

I feel so sorry for it sitting there, running out of MOT! :(

KRISKARRERA

I don't know if it's just my imagination but cars always seem so quick when they've not been driven for a few weeks.

I've been after a 2wd 405 speedo cable for a while, I keep checking ebay but there never any on there.

Feeble

Surely Peugeot still stock the 2wd cable..?

KRISKARRERA
Surely Peugeot still stock the 2wd cable..?

Hehe yes I believe they do but at nearly £30. So I've been hoping to find a nice ebay bargain. :lol:

Sign in to follow this