• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tej

Mi16x4 Problem

Tej

Can any one help with this little problem please?

The rear of the car is sitting very low. normally the car use to come back up to the right level if there was any load in the back. Now it does nothing.

When i push the Override switch in the boot which raises the rear to the max i hear the pump noise although the rear end does not go up. If i put my hands under a rear wheel arch and push upwards the rear starts to go up as normal. however when i push the switch again to bring it back down it comes back to the same low level way below what it should be.

I toped up the LHM as this was a little low and tried again but still the same problem. i try sitting in the back seat to see the ride height brings the rear up again but again nothing.

Does this mean that my pump is working or knakkerd? It goes up eventually with a helping hand and back down but the ride height system does not bring it up to the right level.

is this a problem with the sphere? sensor? or even pump?

Guest pugmt

definatly not the shere or the pump, the sphere acts as the damper in the system and when they go fualty the rear suspension will be rock hard (no damping), if it were the pump then the suspension would not lift at all. I would check the linkage on the height sensor to see if it worn on the ball joints or come off, check the wireing to the height sensor and fluid pressure switch located on the shere housing, the wire to the pressure switch normally breaks where it passes over the subframe, just do the tests with a multimeter for resistane along the length of each wire.

Baz

Helpful reply, i shall be doing the same!

welshpug

also make sure you have an axle stand under the car!

Tej
definatly not the shere or the pump, the sphere acts as the damper in the system and when they go fualty the rear suspension will be rock hard (no damping), if it were the pump then the suspension would not lift at all. I would check the linkage on the height sensor to see if it worn on the ball joints or come off, check the wireing to the height sensor and fluid pressure switch located on the shere housing, the wire to the pressure switch normally breaks where it passes over the subframe, just do the tests with a multimeter for resistane along the length of each wire.

Thanks you for the info...will dedicate my satarday morning to getting that sorted!

regards tej

Tej
also make sure you have an axle stand under the car!

lol.....can i not just raise the rear of the car by pushing the override switch and work on it that way? or is there a serious risk of harm in doing that??

welshpug

yes of course, but place a stand under it, as you never know what might happen if you knock something!!

many people have been crushed working on citroens...

Sign in to follow this