• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest P Zero

Misfire

Guest P Zero

Hi guys. My Mi has developed a misfire. Its not a coil pack as I tried replacing each one and no result. There is a nasty ticking noise emanating from the passenger side end cylinder (no 4?). Any ideas?

Jer309GTi
Hi guys. My Mi has developed a misfire. Its not a coil pack as I tried replacing each one and no result. There is a nasty ticking noise emanating from the passenger side end cylinder (no 4?). Any ideas?

Could be a dodgy hydraulic lifter?

Guest P Zero

I'm not too knowledgeable about the compnents in a head, but it sounds like it could be after checking around the web. I take it that its a pretty involved fix?

Guest P Zero

Well, I took out the spark plug and it was in peices. The contact on the top was never there I dont think, and everything else was loose. The ticking noise I heard before was the coil pack arcing onto the thread on the top of the plug as it wasnt actually in proper contact.

I changed all the plugs for a spare set I had kicking around (the wrong ones though) and it runs almost fine now. I'll need to get the correct plugs before the weekend and see if that cures the occasional minor hesitation it still has.

Edited by P Zero

Sign in to follow this