• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryan13961345402285

Rear Brake Hoses

ryan13961345402285

Hi folks,

I'm starting to overhaul the rear brakes (discs, calipers, pads, hoses) I've seen the U-shaped hose advertised but some of them come without the steel "spring" reinforcement (ie just a plain rubber hose) Would these be ok to buy or am I better going for the ones with the reinforcement? I'm thinking that the plain ones have some sort of internal reinforcement or a different grade of rubber, but I could be totally wrong!

Baz

I should imagine they're fine without tbh. :)

Sloppy

i just did both these on my car, to be honest theres nothing for em to catch on unlike the fronts as its just a protection thing. I fitted 2 with no protection as this is what i was supplied with but there no cause for concern

Jer309GTi

Yeah you should be fine. I've fitted ones with the spring on some cars and without on others. Just a bit of extra protection

ryan13961345402285

Crapping myself incase I destroy any of the copper pipes when I'm taking them off (the fittings look a bit siezed)

JamesLeMans831345402285

Yup thats expensive, think mine had been standing in a barn or something for some years. Rear copper had to be replaced along with the rear discs, hoses, pads, calipers. Alloys are peeling like an Englishman in Spain and had to replace the front discs n pads and nearly abs sensors recently too. Its still in the garage :(

Baz

PITA but not difficult or expensive to replace IMO! Pipe's inexpensive, nor are the ends really, it's the cutters and flaring tools that are costly for decent ones.

Changed front struts/hubs/brakes on my Goodwood last night and one side copper to flexi line was seized so had to break it! -didn't look very old either! Sorted it in a jiffy though! :)

Edited by BazGTMi

Sloppy

think i got 5 meters of copper pipe for £7

Brake pipe flaring tools are like £25 for a reasonable one

Bag of ends for copper pipe a few quid.

not that steep really and you have plenty of copper to practise on!

Sign in to follow this