• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy

Flat Spot & Missing A Bit

Sloppy

got the mi16 i was after today and drove it 160mls home with few problems, other than avac system appers to work as you can see it moving but it feels really flat after 4K to 5k then comes alive again feels to miss abit too?

Sloppy

just asking if this is normal im aware the avac systen give high end power and low end torque but would expect it to be more 'intergrated' rather that an obvious sort of change hence the flat spot?

i imagine the 1.9 is more linear in its delivery?

Guest LouisK

Hi there

I am new to the Mi16 scene too.

I had a similar issue with mine the other and I think I traced to fuel quality. Posted my response on Aussiefrogs:

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49498

Basically, filled up with new high octane fuel and disconnected the battery over night. Feels very linear again, and picks up real punch from 3000rpm.

Louis

Sloppy

ha ha thanks for the reply, i ironically as advised by some people on aussie frogs have opted for the gti6 inlet which im currently fitting!

But thanks for replying

Joe

holemi

Did you trace this problem?? I have the same with my black beauty ( Tony ws old mi ) ..the car drives perfectly apart from a flat spot at 4000-5200 rpm , at 5200 it flies , but in fourth thats about 90 mph , so not exactly usable power :blink: ..not yet looked into it properly , but would like an idea of anyone elses experience ...

JamesLeMans831345402285
Did you trace this problem?? I have the same with my black beauty ( Tony ws old mi ) ..the car drives perfectly apart from a flat spot at 4000-5200 rpm , at 5200 it flies , but in fourth thats about 90 mph , so not exactly usable power  :blink: ..not yet looked into it properly , but would like an idea of anyone elses experience ...

Assuming PhII

Open the bonet and run the engine, pull the throttle and keep an eye on the two flying saucer shaped objects eitherside of the inlet manifold. underneath there is a mechanism which lifts up butterflys in the inlet manfold, you should be able to see this mechanism move. If not, its probably one of the two problems I've had with it..

1.Does your k-light stay on for a few secs after ignition? If so probably a dud solenoid in the acav system, (just to the right of the cylinder head, 2 air hoses in oneside and an empty connector on the rear if iremember correctly) try resetting ecu first. If it is dud I got got one new from main dealer about £26

2. Air leak, cracked pip or fubard diaphragm (flying saucer) push up the mecanism manually with the engine switched off and listen for the air leak.

@sloppy, how is the GTI6 manifold working out?

Sloppy

i never really sorted it however i did have some ropy coil packs, think it was prob the avac jobby on the side of the head with mine.

still fitting it just been really lazy st the mo!

Edited by Sloppy

Sign in to follow this