• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JOHN89MI16

Air Con Problem

JOHN89MI16

Does anyone know how the air con on a phase 1 mi16 is wired up, i.e a wiring diagram or a simple explaination?

The reason i ask is because i want to get my air con working for the summer but im pulling my hair out trying to trace the wires. They are all wrapped up with the engine loom under tones of insulation tape and ive spent over 10 hours trying but with little success because i need my car so i cant strip it down to much.

So far i tried seeing if there is any power gettin to the pump with the plug disconnected but i only get a power reading of 0.15 volts which wouldnt power a bulb.

On the loom side of the plug it has 3 wires but on the pump side they become 2 wires.

I managed to trace wire number 6a back to under the battery which is the wire that gives me the low voltage reading but after that i cant see where it goes because it looks like it goes to the engine by the power steering pump.

Ive tried reading the haynes manual for a wiring diagram but there isnt anything for the air con set up.

Also under the dash board on the drivers side i found 2 controller units. One is bolted 2 the steering column that says "bitron video, centrale controle temperature" with eleven pin connections coming off this unit. (what does this unit do)

Also there is what i think might be an air con ecu that bolts directly under the heater box called "valeo thermique" with 4 different sets of numbers on and a 15 pin connector. :huh:

I know this valeo thing powers the motor that turns the heater box from hot to cold but it has too many wire pins so i was wondering what else does it do?

It plays up alot and clicks with the slightest of touches and stops the motor working the hot and cold function.

Im sorry for the long description but as you can see im frustrated and confused so any help would be hugely helpfull and welcome. Thanks :(:)

ryan13961345402285

I think the Valeo unit is for climate control

Ryan

Are you sure it's an electrical problem?

95% of the time broken aircon just means it's out of gas.

KRISKARRERA

Ask Petert about the wiring diagrams, I'm sure they posted them up on the Aussiefrogs forum at some point.

But you can't fix it no, cos I take great pride in being the only UK person with working aircon on a phase 1 :lol:

ryan13961345402285
Ask Petert about the wiring diagrams, I'm sure they posted them up on the Aussiefrogs forum at some point.

But you can't fix it no, cos I take great pride in being the only UK person with working aircon on a phase 1 :lol:

Oh no you don't! Mine works too (sometimes) lol

JOHN89MI16

Hopefully i might be able to join that exclusive club and be the third proud owner of working air con! :D

Sign in to follow this