• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryan13961345402285

Fuel Pipes!

ryan13961345402285

Further to my thread about the power steering pipe under the car I found today that the fuel pipes are also in a bad way. (the steel pipes that run the entire length of the car)

I'm wondering can these be replaced with high pressure rubber hose, or will there be problems with this come MOT time?

JOHN89MI16

I had to replace my leaking metal fuel pipes under my car and i just used some copper pipe from my local motor factor and it only cost 10 pounds and it past its mot fine.

Jer309GTi

Yeah, I'd say go for copper pipe too

KRISKARRERA

Is it easy to bend without kinking though?

ryan13961345402285

Have a pipe bender here, but was unsure if copper piping would do for fuel pipes. cheers fellas

Jer309GTi
Is it easy to bend without kinking though?

The small bore stuff like the brake pipe and fuel piping is not usually too bad, although it does look a lot neater with a pipe bender.

JOHN89MI16

I shaped mine with my bare hands. I took the old piping off and lay it on the floor and starting at one end of the old pipe, i followed the shape with the new pipe over the top. It didnt take much bending and it was 98% the right shape. I hope that helps. :)

KRISKARRERA

Oh well, might have to have a go at that then.

Sign in to follow this